Age Range: 5 to 15 years
Yalla Yalla! (arabic: Let’s Go) | Middle Eastern Music
- The children are taken on a musical journey to the orient
- They are introduced to various oriental instruments zorna(oboe), mijwiz (clarinet),ney (flute), quartertone accordion, percussion and voice.
- The children are lead in song, rhythm and movement to music of Egypt, Lebanon and Turkey.
- Rhythm backing and amplifier used for dancing etc.
- Song words and a booklet of worksheets supplied.
- A Middle-Eastern dancer dances and teaches basic movements of Middle-Eastern danceand their relationship to the instruments.
Phil Carroll, an experienced Primary Teacher, works the Melbourne-based middle-eastern music and dance group Alwan.
He has played in festivals in Australia and overseas and has lived and studied music in Egypt and Turkey.
“We loved the Arabic music you played for us”
“We liked the Turkish dance” Children, Fitzroy PS
“Your instruments were good and the sounds were terrific” Westmeadows Heights PS
Contact: (03) 8060 1232
Mobile: 0412 148 906 or email@example.com
The Solo Shows are suitable for students 5 to 15 years of age.
Length of show: 50 -60 minutes.
SOLO: $425 (audiences up to 100 students). $4 per student over 100.
If more than one show booked in a day :$375 per show (excess students $4/head).
DUO (with drummer or dancer) :.$750 (audiences up to 100 students). $6 head for students in excess of 100.
If more than one show booked in a day :$685 per show (excess students over 100 : $6/head).
NOTE:Regional Shows – an additional travel fee applies